Sunday, May 28, 2017

Muslim Man, Mohamad Bazzi, Sues Pizza Chain For $100M After Being Served Pizza With Pork Pepperoni

A Muslim man is suing America’s third largest pizza chain for $100 million after being served a pizza labelled halal which was topped with pork pepperoni.

Mohamad Bazzi ordered two halal pizzas twice from Little Caesars branch in Dearborn, Michigan.

The boxes were labelled halal but were topped with pork, a food which is banned under Islamic law.

Mr Bazzi and his wife were halfway through eating the pizza when they realised they had been eating pork pepperoni, he said in the lawsuit.

Having previously worked at a pizza restaurant, Mr Bazzi realised it was pork pepperoni, rather than a sausage made from an alternative meat.

His wife, who converted from Catholicism, could recognise the taste.

They became ''sick to their stomach'' and three days later filed a complaint with the police.

Majed Moughni, Mr Bazzi’s lawyer, rushed to start legal proceedings on the eve of Ramadan, to ensure now other Muslims made the same mistake.

   ''It's really upsetting," he said. "My clients want the public to know. Especially during Ramadan, it would be a travesty if Muslims in Dearborn bought pizza from Little Caesars and discovered they were eating pork."

A spokeswoman for the chain said "Little Caesars cherishes our customers from all religions and cultures, and the communities we serve are very important to us. While we can’t comment on pending litigation, we take this claim very seriously."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all read and don't drop comments, how do y'all close those eyes of yours and sleep @night? Lol.. You have a voice, LET IT COUNT, use this platform to air your views.. Don't be a reader only, pls be a contributor, lol. Thanks for visiting, hope to see more of you.. XXX