Wednesday, May 31, 2017

40Years Old Michael Cole Loses Entire Arm After Being Nipped By Own Puppy, Sues NHS (Pics)

A man lost his entire right arm after being nipped on the hand by his puppy. Michael Cole, 40, fell victim to sepsis within hours of being bitten by golden retriever, Harley.

Poison got into his blood stream and by the next morning his hand was swollen and he was acting delusional.

But Michael and wife Ffyona, 43, say the NHS missed several chances to realise the seriousness of his illness.

He eventually slipped into a life-threatening condition and spent two weeks on a life-support machine.

Doctors were forced to amputate his arm below his shoulder to save his life.
Michael, a bank worker, told The Sun: "It all came from a little accidental bite by our puppy who tried to grab food from my plate and my hand got there first.

"Now I'm disabled for life."The couple are suing the NHS alleging Michael should have been diagnosed sooner.

They claim a doctor in Christchurch, Dorset, would not make a home visit and a nurse who called on the phone refused to give him antibiotics.

He was given anti-sickness tablets instead, they claim. But when Michael's condition deteriorated they called 111 and it wasn't until paramedics arrived that they realised it was sepsis .

Michael has diabetes and an immune condition and claims his surgery should have been aware of his increased vulnerabilitiy.

Lawyer Rebecca Brown, of Irwin Mitchell, who are representing Michael, said: "We have numerous cases where patients have not been started on treatment soon enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all read and don't drop comments, how do y'all close those eyes of yours and sleep @night? Lol.. You have a voice, LET IT COUNT, use this platform to air your views.. Don't be a reader only, pls be a contributor, lol. Thanks for visiting, hope to see more of you.. XXX