Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Oh No! 5-Year-Old Boy Burnt To Death In Edo State (Pic)

A 5-year-old boy was burnt to death when a fire broke out in his home at Ijorgbor Street, Upper Sokponba road in Ikpoba-Okha local government, Edo state.

The boy was reportedly locked inside a room with his brother by their father when the fire broke out, engulfing their apartment. According to neighbours, after their father locked them inside, he went out to buy something, unfortunately, that was when the fire started.

Neighbours said they heard the deceased and his brother scream for help as they were getting burnt and they rallied around to get the boys out of the burning house.

One of them finally succeeded in breaking through a burglary proof in one of the windows and rescued one of the boys. The other was not so lucky.

Osamudiamen Edobor, one of the neighbours of the deceased, spoke about the fire incident, revealing that the intensity of the fire kept them from getting to the second brother.

"They have stove and generator in that room. The man was cooking in the room. It is sad that one of the children died," Edobor said.

When contacted, the State Police Command spokesman, DSP Moses Nkombe, said he was yet to be briefed on the incident.


PMNews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Y'all read and don't drop comments, how do y'all close those eyes of yours and sleep @night? Lol.. You have a voice, LET IT COUNT, use this platform to air your views.. Don't be a reader only, pls be a contributor, lol. Thanks for visiting, hope to see more of you.. XXX